• Snowbird Brown is an American reality TV star, featured in Discovery Channel's 'Alaskan Bush People'.
• Grew up in the Alaskan wilderness with her 5 older brothers and younger sister, taught to hunt and fish by her parents.
• Was homeschooled by her mother and never attended a traditional school.
• Gained a loyal following through the show, with fans impressed by her ability to provide food for the family.
• Net worth estimated at $100,000, with an annual income of about $60,000 from the family's reality TV show.
Snowbird Brown is an American reality TV star, whose ticket to fame was her inclusion as a regular cast member along with her family in Discovery Channel’s reality TV series, “Alaskan Bush People.”
Early Life and Family
Amora Jean Snowbird Brown was born on 18 November 1994, in Alaska, USA to parents Billy Bryan Brown and Amora Larene “Amy” Branson Brown. She has five older brothers, namely Matthew William, Joshua Bambam, Solomon Isaiah Freedom, Gabriel Starbuck, Noah Darkcloud, and a younger sister named Merry Christmas Katherine Raindrop. Her parents raised them in the Alaskan wilderness, as depicted in the reality TV show, “Alaskan Bush Family.”
Even at a young age, Snowbird proved to be fiercely independent to the dismay of her older brothers as they relished the thought of having a little sister to take care of, or push around. She loves the outdoors and was born a naturalist; she was taught how to hunt and fish, and spent most her time climbing mountains or trekking along rivers. Growing up, she collected many pets including cats, dogs, frogs, and red-eared slider turtles. She and her siblings are not familiar with most modern technologies, as they spent most of their lives in their isolated community in the Alaskan bush. They are also not updated with pop culture.
Snowbird grew up without knowing her grandparents, as her paternal grandparents passed away quite early and her mom was estranged from her maternal grandparents for years; her maternal uncle claimed that her father’s controlling nature was to be blamed for the estrangement. The uncle said that Billy made sure that her mother would be separated from her relatives.
There is no information about her educational background, as the family lived in the Alaskan wilderness for the last 30 years before the family’s reality TV went to air.
She didn’t attend a traditional school or receive any formal education, but was homeschooled by her mother just like her siblings.
Snowbird became a TV personality when her family’s exploits of surviving in the Alaskan wilderness were documented by Discovery Channel in the form of the reality TV show, “Alaskan Bush People.” While the show is marketed as a docudrama/reality show of the Brown family living away from modern society, it is also a scripted series. Season 1 premiered in May of 2014 with only five episodes, but has now aired 85 episodes over 11 seasons proving that the show’s popularity has grown through the years.
She gained a loyal following through the show, with her fans impressed that she can help provide food for the family through hunting and fishing. She has a wide gap on her upper front teeth and the viewing public continues to be bewildered as to why her family does not bring her to the dentist and have them fixed.
It is difficult to get information about the personal lives of most reality TV stars, as they portray certain versions of their real persona on TV.
Discovery Channel hasn’t released exact timelines on their show, and with many accusations of it being fake, there is some mystery surrounding the Brown family. The public is having a hard time figuring out what’s real and what’s bogus.
Her mother was diagnosed with stage 3 cancer, and the family was forced to stay in Los Angeles for a while to be close to their mother who was being treated at the University of California, Los Angeles Medical Center. They eventually moved to the Washington wilderness so the family can easily go to Los Angeles when needed. Fortunately, her mother went into remission, and was healthy again.
It sparked another rumor that Ami’s cancer and recovery were scripted, and so her UCLA Medical Center doctors confirmed that her illness and recovery were real. During the family’s time in Los Angeles, it was said that the youngest was the only one who adapted well to city life. Snowbird and her older brothers had a difficult time getting acclimated to living among many people.
Snowbird is currently single and still lives with the family as they continue the tradition of being a wolf pack even as they grow older. Her brothers Gabe, Joshua and Noah decided to stay close to home even if they have their own families now, and they were all featured in the show.
Interesting Facts and Rumors
- In 2016 her family was charged with fraud and a felony as they took advantage of the state’s Permanent Fund by falsifying records when they submitted application forms, stating that they qualified for the residency requirements in Alaska to avail of more than $20,000 from the State. However, it turned out that they didn’t qualify, which requires Alaskan residents to live in the state all year round. Her father and older brother Joshua took the blame for the family, pleaded guilty to all charges, and were sentenced to 30 days in jail with thousands of dollars in fines. They made a plea deal blaming poor record-keeping as they mostly lived isolated from the city.
- The Brown fraud and felony case confirmed the viewers’ assumption that everything about the family’s reality TV show was scripted. Apparently, on the plea deal sworn statements in court, Snowbird’s father and brother stated that they already left the state by 2009, and they only went back in 2012. This would debunk their claim on the show that the family had been living for the last 30 years in Alaska prior to the premier of the show in 2014.
- Snowbird was once rumored to be pregnant when people noticed she was hiding what seemed to be a baby bump, but apparently she just gained weight and tried to hide her extra curves.
Snowbird is 5ft 5in (1.65m) tall, weighs 120lbs (55kgs), and has a body fit for outdoor activities. Her most distinguishable mark would be the gap in her upper front teeth. Snowbird is Caucasian, and has blonde hair and brown eyes.
Sources estimated Snowbird’s net worth at $100,000, with an annual income of about $60,000 largely from the family’s reality TV show.
|Alaskan Bush People, Alaskan Bush People: Wild and Free, Alaskan Bush People: Book of Browntown, Alaskan Bush People: Brown Family Bonds
Source: IMDb, Wikipedia