• Kyra Santoro is a successful model, Instagram sensation and actress, and is developing her music career.
• She was born into a family of Italian descent and comes from Calabasas, California.
• Kyra is balancing her work and completing her higher education, aiming to get a BA in nursing.
• She has featured in popular magazines such as Maxim and Sports Illustrated, and has acted in the series “The Orville”.
• She has released several songs on her YouTube channel, and has a net worth of around $1 million.
Kyra Santoro is a successful model, Instagram sensation and starting actress, who is also developing her music career. The multi-talented lady is also famous for her affair with the popular YouTuber, Brennen Taylor.
Early life and family
Kyra Santoro was born on 23 March 1993, in Calabasas, California USA, so her zodiac sign is Aries, and she holds American nationality. She was born into a family of Italian descent, and has two younger brothers, whose names she hasn’t revealed. Kyra has a very close and warm relationship with her mother, saying that her mother was someone she couldn’t live without.
Kyra had a lot of ups and downs in her relationship with her father; they spent a lot of time together when she was a kid, and he even taught her to surf, but shared in one of her YouTube videos that they didn’t get along much after she turned 12 years old.
From the moment she started modelling, they had a couple of really bad conflicts, and she almost cut him out of her life, and didn’t want to support any kind of communication with him. She kept meeting him around three times a year on such holidays as Easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas, however, when Kyra’s father was diagnosed with Stage 4 brain cancer in August 2017, it was a very hard time for the entire family, and Kyra felt guilty for eliminating him from her life, thinking that they could probably have more time to spend together.
In her video “Daddy Issues & Life Lessons” she thanked all her followers who faced similar problems for the support they expressed in the comments to her posts, as she really appreciated their kinds words in that difficult period of her life. Kyra’s father passed away in February 2019. As of 2020, Kyra lives in Los Angeles and enjoys it, as her family and friends live there, and she find the weather in Los Angeles just perfect for her, as she likes sunshine.
Kyra matriculated from her local high school in Calabasas in 2011, she was in her school dance team. She had a lot of friends in her senior grades, who gave her the nickname Kiki. Even though Kyra is busy pursuing her modelling career, she is still balancing her work and completing her higher education, as she wants to get a BA in nursing.
Kyra was often encouraged by her friends and family members to do modelling, as a lot of people around her found her appearance appropriate for shooting, so as soon as she matriculated she started working for Wilhelmina Models. In 2012 she was titled Miss October by TransWorld Surf magazine, and during her successful career, she’s featured in such popular magazines as Maxim, Maxim Mexico, Seventeen Magazine. In 2016 she shot for Elle and Sports Illustrated Swimsuit issue, and was also featured as “The Lovely Lady of the Day” on the official Instagram profile of Sports Illustrated. Kyra still thinks that shooting for Sports Illustrated is her biggest career accomplishment. She is also very grateful to have her modelling career as she often gets the chance to travel the globe.
In 2019 she worked with such magazines as Men’s Health, GQ and Bella Mag, along with numerous appearances on printed commercials and other minor beauty magazines. She also participated on the catwalk for the popular swimsuit brand Frankie’s Bikinis, which increased her recognition as a catwalk model. As of 2020, she is assigned to MP Management, United Entertainment and Sports Illustrated Model Search.
Kyra has always dreamt of expanding her career to Hollywood. In 2016 she got a chance to appear in one of the episodes of the series “Home & Family”, along with Mark Steines and Debbie Matenopoulos. The same year she made several appearances in the talk show “Pop Trigger” as an invited guest, to discuss recent news from the lives of celebrities.
She also made a cameo in the mini-series “This Is College” in the episode “Big Day”. From 2017 to 2019 she played the role of Ensign Turco in “The Orville” adventure series, about the intergalactic challenges of the spaceship from Earth, appearing in the episode “Mad Idolatry”, in 2017, then in 2019 in the episodes “All the World Is Birthday Cake”, “A Happy Refrain” and “Deflectors”. Kyra shares working on “The Orville” was a major fun, as she enjoyed watching parodies on such series as “Twilight Zone” and “Star Trek”, so it was a double pleasure to participate in one of such comedy projects.
In 2019 Kyra also appeared in a short movie “Organics” in the role of Sid. The movie tells the story of a barista, who is new in the cafe and has to face the nightmares of the night time working with his colleague.
Kyra’s biggest acting dream is to join the cast of “Saturday Night Live”, as she wants to play as many weird characters as she possibly can.
On 31 March 2019 Kyra released her first song on her YouTube channel, entitled “Aries” and featuring Donis Winter as supporting singer, later releasing such songs as “The Way”, “Amsterdam” and “Forever Down”; she also posted vlogs about her recording the tracks. Among her latest songs are “Ocean” and “Stuck”. Kyra shared that her music inspiration and first celebrity crush was Aaron Carter, the controversial American rapper. Kyra likes improving her singing skills in karaoke, and enjoys singing Tupac Shakur’s song “I Get Around”.
Personal life, ex-boyfriend Brennen Taylor
Kyra is known for her previous relationship with the famous YouTuber Brennen Taylor. They dated from 2016 to 2018, but eventually broke up, removing all mutual photos from their social media accounts. In her video “Rapid Fire Questions” posted in May 2018, Kyra shares that she is looking for a guy who doesn’t take himself too seriously, has a good sense humor and good hygiene. As of 2020, Kyra remains single.
Who is Brennen Taylor?
Brennen Taylor owns his self-titled YouTube channel, which has more than 3.35 million subscribers. He is also very active on Instagram, having over 1.3 million subscribers. Brennen is famous for posting “Testing” videos, in which he tries various foods, pranks, etc. On his YouTube channel he launched several series, such as “1 Star Hotels”, “Freaky Friday” and “Scary Videos”. As of 2020, he is rumored to date the model Amber Scholl.
Hobbies, favorite things and interesting facts
- She is called Kiki by her friends and family members.
- She loves animals.
- She grew up riding dirt bikes, surfing, snowboarding and skateboarding.
- She is also good at rapping.
- She thinks that her spirit animal is a purple unicorn.
- She prefers Batman over Superman.
- Kyra’s favorite movie is “10 Things I Hate About You”.
- Her biggest joy in life is to bring happiness, joy and laughter to other people’s lives.
- Kyra’s biggest phobia is spiders.
- One of her favorite songs is “The Waves” by DJ Khaled.
- Her favorite alcohol drink is red wine.
- If she didn’t do modelling, she would become a child psychologist.
- She shared that she likes Rihanna more than Beyonce, as Rihanna’s music helps her a lot in her life.
- If asked to describe herself in three words, Kyra is ‘quirky caring extrovert”.
- Jim Carrey is her biggest male inspiration; as to female inspiration, but states that her mother and the actress Kristen Wiig have always been her role models.
- Kyra likes watching basketball, but when it comes to doing sports, she prefers snowboarding.
- Her favorite restaurant is “Sugar Fish”.
- Halloween is Kyra’s most favorite holiday.
- When it comes to dessert, Kyra can eat anything with chocolate or peanut butter.
- Paris is her favorite travelling destination, though her dream is to visit Tokyo, Japan.
- Her favorite car is “G-Wagen” (Mercedes Benz G-Class).
1 year ago today my hair was cut at my collar bones like YOOOOO look at dat growth! pic.twitter.com/oj9pfmgdzH
— KYRA (@kyrasantoro) February 16, 2020
Appearance, clothing style
Kyra has middle-length dark brown hair, which she likes dying various colors, such as purple, blonde and pink. She has dark brown eyes. Kyra is 5ft 7ins (1.7m) tall, weighs around 120lbs (55kgs), and her vital statistics are 34-24-33. To keep fit Kyra takes boxing classes. As to her clothing style, Kyra’s favorite designer is Givenchy, so she wears a lot of clothes from this designer.
Net worth and salary
As of 2020, Kyra’s net worth is reported to be around $1 million. She also benefits from her Instagram account, which bring her up to $4,100 per sponsored post.