• DDG was born in Pontiac, Michigan in 1997 and holds American nationality
• He is a rapper, YouTuber and entrepreneur who gained recognition after he began uploading his music videos onto his YouTube channel in 2015
• He released his debut EP "Take Me Serious" in 2018 and his second EP "Sorry 4 the Hold Up" in 2019
• DDG is running four YouTube channels and is active on various social media networks
• As of December 2020, his net worth has been estimated at over $1.6 million.
Rapper DDG Wiki Bio
Darryl Dwayne Granberry Jr. – better known by his stage names PontiacMadeDDG and DDG – was born in Pontiac, Michigan USA, on 10 October 1997 – his zodiac sign is Libra and he holds American nationality. He is a rapper, YouTuber and an entrepreneur, who gained recognition after he began uploading his music videos onto his YouTube channel sometime in 2015.
Childhood and education
DDG was raised in Pontiac by his parents whom he doesn’t usually talk about, but it’s believed that both his parents hold college degrees, and that they urged him to attend college as well – DDG is believed to have several siblings.
He studied at International Tech Academy, from which he matriculated in 2015.He was the valedictorian of his class, meaning he had the highest grade ranking amongst all his peers, and thus delivered the closing speech at the matriculation ceremony. DDG then enrolled at Central Michigan University, but claiming how he had started to make around $30,000 per month on YouTube, he thus dropped out of college.
Career as a rapper
After quitting college, DDG moved to Hollywood in California to work as a full-time YouTuber and part-time rapper.
He has described that he spent quite some time during his childhood at a music studio at which his father worked as an engineer, and then spent years writing his own songs and performing for his close friends and family. One of his first songs was “Big Boat”, which served as a diss track on the popular American rapper Lil Yachty, and in 2016, DDG released two new songs – “Free Parties” and “Balenciagas” which were produced by a German-American record producer Xavier Lamar Dotson, better known as Zaytoven. DDG’s following song was “Lettuce”, which features Famous Dex, then on 23 November 2017, he released the first single from his debut extended play (EP) entitled “Givenchy”, and the song has since been listened to more than 25 million times on YouTube.
His debut EP “Take Me Serious” followed on 17 March 2018 to mostly positive reviews, and a couple of months later, DDG signed a contract with Epic Records. His first single under the label, “Arguments” came out on 1 June 2018, and was on 15 April 2020 certified Gold by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA). DDG’s second EP was released on 22 March 2019 entitled “Sorry 4 the Hold Up”, and received mixed reviews. He announced he was working on his debut album with the release of one of the album’s singles “Push” on 20 September 2019 – the album “VALEDICTORIAN” came out on 1 November 2019 to positive reviews.
DDG has announced that he is currently working on his mixtape “Keep That Same Energy”, set to be released in 2021.
Career as a YouTuber
DDG is currently running four YouTube channels.
- “GamingWithDDG” was launched on 27 October 2011, and is today subscribed to by around 1.6 million people, and numbers more than 105 million views of all his videos combined – most of the videos uploaded onto this channel feature DDG playing video games, the most popular “REACTING TO MY 7 YEAR OLD NIECE CRINGEY MUSICAL.LYS” has been watched close to five million times since 12 January 2017.
- DDG’s channel “PontiacMadeDDG Vlogs” was launched on 26 July 2014, and is today subscribed to by 2.3 million people, while it counts around 350 million views of all his videos combined – DDG uses this channel to upload videos related to his everyday life, while his most popular video is “DDG – Big Boat (Lil Yachty Diss Track) | OFFICIAL MUSIC VIDEO”, viewed around 13.5 million times since 23 August 2017.
- His channel “The DDG Family” was launched on 6 September 2017, and today numbers close to four million subscribers and over 560 million views of all his videos combined. As the channel’s description reads: ‘This channel is all about being interactive with the viewers/family. In these videos you will feel like you are actually in the video’, while its most popular video – “I FINALLY MET MY 14 YEAR OLD SISTER’S BF… [THE END]” – has been watched over 7.3 million times since 30 October 2018.
- DDG’s final channel, “DDG” was created on 3 October 2017, and counts around 1.6 million subscribers and over 200 million views of all the channel’ videos combined. This channel is used solely for DDG’s music videos, while one of the most popular videos – “DDG – Moonwalking in Calabasas Remix (feat. Blueface) [Official Music Video]” – has been watched over 26 million times.
DDG is quite active on various social media networks too. His Instagram account is followed by close to four million people, while DDG has uploaded around 1,000 pictures, most of which have been taken during his everyday life. He has been active on Twitter since November 2011, and is followed by around 450,000 people. His Facebook page is followed by close to 900,000 people, while he is quite active on TikTok, and has amassed around 1.3 million followers and around 13.6 million likes of all his pictures and videos combined.
Love life and girlfriend
DDG is more or less secretive when it comes to his love life, but it’s known that he has dated two girls in the past.
In early 2017, he was in a relationship with American pop singer Emaza Dilan, perhaps known best for being a member of the band Ceraadi, while she’s also a YouTuber. Emaza and DDG dated for around half a year before splitting ways for unknown reasons, while it’s believed that it was because of infidelity from DDG’s side.
In late 2017, he began dating YouTuber, blogger and a model Kennedy Cymone – they became engaged in April 2018, but then called it off in July 2018, and separated for unknown reasons.
As of December 2020, DDG is single, hasn’t married and doesn’t have children.
Hobbies and other interests
DDG spends a lot of his free time at the gym, as he enjoys lifting weights and strengthening his body – he has four to five training sessions each week, thus his muscular body.
He is keen on travelling, and his career as a rapper has taken him to several states, while he has also been to Europe on a single occasion, visiting Germany and France.
DDG has a lavish lifestyle – he owns a Lamborghini car, a boat and usually flies in private jets, and when performing he stays only at the most expensive hotels.
In his spare time which is mostly late at night, DDG enjoys watching crime and mafia movies starring some of his favorite actors Al Pacino, Robert De Niro and Marlon Brando, such as the trilogy “The Godfather”, “Taxi Driver” and “Scarface”.
Age, height and net worth
DDG’s age is 23. He has brown hair and brown eyes, his height is 5ft 8ins (1.73m) and he weighs around 150lbs (68kgs).
As of December 2020, his net worth has been estimated at over $1.6 million.