• Darren Sugg is a 42-year-old video game designer with a net worth of over $1 million.
• He was born in Raleigh, North Carolina and graduated from Marist College with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Multimedia Programming and Communications in 2000.
• He is best known for designing “The Lord Of The Rings Online: Shadows Of Angmar” and “The Lord Of The Rings Online: Mines Of Moria”, as well as creating Fortnite, one of the most popular games in the world.
• He is an avid fan of video games and enjoys listening to jazz and blues, travelling and has a pet cat.
• His favorite actors are Orlando Bloom and Jennifer Lawrence, and his favorite cuisine is Italian.
- 1 Who is Darren Sugg?
- 2 How rich is he, as of now? Darren Sugg Net Worth and Salary
- 3 Early Life, Nationality, Ethnicity, Educational Background
- 4 Career Beginnings and “The Lord Of The Rings Online”
- 5 The Amazing Society Studio and Other Video Games
- 6 Rise to Fame, Epic Games, and “Fortnite”
- 7 Appearance and Vital Statistics
- 8 Personal Life: Is He Single?
- 9 Hobbies and Favorites
Who is Darren Sugg?
Darren Sugg was born on 1 August 1977 under the sign of Leo, in Raleigh, North Carolina USA. He is a 42-year-old video game designer, probably best recognized for working as the creative director of Epic Games, and the designer of Fortnite, one of the most popular video games in the world. He is also known for designing “The Lord Of The Rings Online: Shadows Of Angmar” and “The Lord Of The Rings Online: Mines Of Moria”.
How rich is he, as of now? Darren Sugg Net Worth and Salary
Darren Sugg’s net worth is over $1 million, acquired through his successful career in the video game industry.
His salary per month is around $25,000, which makes his annual salary over $300,000.
Early Life, Nationality, Ethnicity, Educational Background
Darren Sugg spent his early years in his hometown of Raleigh where he was raised in a Jewish family by his parents, whose identities haven’t been revealed. However, it is known that he has two brothers – Andrew and Adam Sugg. He is American by nationality and belongs to white Caucasian ethnic group. He matriculated in 1996, then enrolled into Marist College, from which he graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Multimedia Programming and Communications in 2000.
Career Beginnings and “The Lord Of The Rings Online”
While in high school, Darren Sugg became an avid fan of video games, and soon became interested in creating them rather than just playing, and right after graduation began pursuing his dream job of doing just that. He started in the position of a game systems developer at the company Turbine Entertainment Software Corp (now WB Games Boston). His first major project came when he joined the main development team of the video game “The Lord Of The Rings Online: Shadows Of Angmar”, which was released in April 2007.
He also worked in the team for its sequel, entitled “The Lord Of The Rings Online: Mines Of Moria”, and released in November 2008.
The Amazing Society Studio and Other Video Games
Darren then left Turbine to join the MMO development studio, called The Amazing Society, in the position of their senior designer. During his stint there, Darren Sugg worked on such games as the platform-adventure video game “Shadow Complex: Remastered”, and the military sci-fi video game “Gears Of War: Juggernaut”.
He worked for Marvel Animation, and was a member of the design team for the video game “Marvel Super Hero Squad Online” in 2011, among many others.
Rise to Fame, Epic Games, and “Fortnite”
In 2012, Darren Sugg came to prominence when he started working as a video game designer for Epic Games, a video game and software development company based in Cary, North Carolina, and began with the development of their online video game called Fortnite, collaborating with his friend Cliff Bleszinski, better known as Dude Huge.
The vigilante appears from the shadows… https://t.co/KEqCncoToy
— Darren Sugg (@DarrenSugg) September 24, 2018
The game was released in 2017, and is available in such modes as “Fortnite: Save The World”, “Fortnite Battle Royale”, and “Fortnite Creative”. The first mode is a player-versus-environment survival game in which you fight off zombie-like creatures; the second is a player-versus-player battle royal game, fighting against 100 players to be the last one standing; while the third mode gives players freedom to create their own worlds and battle arenas. The first two modes were released in 2017, and the third one in late 2018.
The “Fortnite Battle Royale” mode is the most popular, and became the company’s financial hit, earning them hundreds of millions of dollars monthly. It achieved enormous international success in 2018, after famous gamer Ninja played it along with such celebrity personalities as Drake, Travis Scott and Kim DotCom. The game has amassed over 250 million players so far. In 2018, Darren was promoted to serve as the creative director of Epic Games.
Appearance and Vital Statistics
The famous video game designer has short dark brown hair and grey eyes.
He stands at a height of 6ft 2ins (1.85m), weighs approximately 187lbs (85kgs), and his vital statistics are 42-32-37; his biceps size is 14ins. His shoe size is 12 (US).
Personal Life: Is He Single?
Darren Sugg is quite secretive when it comes to his personal life. There were some rumors that he was romantically involved in a relationship with a woman also who works as a video game developer for Epic Games, however, the rumors have not been confirmed. It was even rumored that he is married, but Darren is still single, and doesn’t have children. His residence is still in his birth town of Raleigh.
Hobbies and Favorites
- In his spare time, Darren Sugg enjoys listening to music, particularly jazz and blues – his favorite artists are Billie Holiday and Charlie Parker.
- He enjoys traveling around the world, and his dream holiday destination is Switzerland.
- His favorite actor is Orlando Bloom, while his favorite actress is Jennifer Lawrence.
- His favorite color is dark blue.
- Darren’s favorite cuisine is Italian.
- He is an animal lover and has a pet cat.