Eddie Cahill is an American actor, who is perhaps best known for his portrayal of the character Tag Jones in the popular TV series “Friends”.
Just a simple reminder that article is created and owned only by marriedbiography.org. Article cannot be re-published in any other pages or documents. Copyright is protected by DMCA. All found copies will be reported.
Original source: https://marriedbiography.org/eddie-cahills-biography-wife-net-worth-siblings-family/
Early life and childhood
Edmund Patrick Cahill was born on 15 January 1978, in New York City, USA. There is no information on the names of his parents, however, it has been understood that he comes from Irish descent on his father’s side, and Italian through his mother. He grew up with an older and a younger sister, whose names aren’t known.
Eddie attended Byram Hills High School situated in Armonk, New York, and matriculated in 1996 – while in high school he played hockey. He then enrolled in Skidmore College located in Saratoga Springs, New York, and the Atlantic Theater Acting School that is part of the New York University Tisch School of the Arts.
He was first seen “Gramercy Park is Closed to the Public” in 1999, then as Lance in an off-Broadway production of “The Altruists” in 2000.
The same year, he made his first TV appearance as Sean in “Sex and the City”., and later that year he got his first big break as Tag Jones in “Friends”, makinge several appearances as Jennifer Aniston’s character Rachel Green’s assistant and boyfriend. This is his biggest role to date and the one that he is recognized for the most.
Concurrently he was seen in guest roles “Law & Order: Special Victims Unit”, “Charmed” and “Felicity”. In 2004, he played his boyhood hero Jim Craig in the hockey movie “Miracle”.
He was also chosen to play the role of cocky detective Don Flack in the series “CSI: NY” – the show ran for a total of nine seasons until 2013 and Eddie was seen in all 197 episodes.
He played the character of Sam Verdreaux in 2014 in the TV series “Under the Dome”, appearing for twenty-six episodes. He was also seen as Conner Wallace in all thirteen episodes of the legal drama “Conviction”, however, the show was canceled after one season.
In 2019, he played criminal Eddie Barrett in “NCIS: New Orleans”.
Eddie is married to his Nikki Cahill. They went out for many years before deciding to tie the knot in 2009, at their Silverlake home. The groom wore a lightweight suit to the wedding and the bride wore a simple beige dress. The reception was held at Zucca Ristorante in downtown LA and was attended by their friends and family for dinner. Nikki is a make-up artist who was a former model as well. The couple gave birth to a son Henry Uberti in 2009.
On November 24, 2014 Nikki shared a picture of their son playing in the backyard on her Instagram with the caption ‘Five years ago today, this guy came into my life❤’. Before marrying Eddie, Nikki was married to Terry Richardson who is a fashion photographer, and shot campaigns for Aldo, Marc Jacobs, Tom Ford and Yves Saint Laurent among others. They were married for three years from 1996 to 1999.
Eddie holds an American nationality and is of mixed ethnicity. His hair color is light brown and his eyes are blue. His height is 6 ft 2 ins (1.88 m) but his weight and other vital statistics aren’t known.
Hobbies, Favorite Things and Interesting Facts
- Eddie has a tattoo on his right shoulder, that bears his wife’s name in a heart with a swallow on top and an arrow through it.
- He is a big New York Rangers hockey fan, and was also a writer for the NHL Celeb Blog for three seasons.
- According to Glamour, he used up his last $230 to fly from New York to Los Angeles to pay an agent who had managed to get him an audition for the role of Tag Jones on ‘Friends’.
- When the audition was over, “Friends” star Courtney Cox offered him a ride, but he refused because he was too scared even though he really needed the ride.
- His role as Tag Jones in “Friends” was a much sought-after role, and after a series of auditions it was down to Eddie and well-known actor Tom Welling. Tom had already gained fame for playing Clark Kent in “Smallville”.
- Eddie borrowed someone’s ‘phone to inform his parents that he’d got the part in “Friends”.
- He was first discovered by Sarah Jessica Parker who took notice of him and gave him his first shot in “Sex and the City”.
- He had to have a body double for the movie “Miracle” because even though he played hockey as a child, he had never played in the goalie position.
Eddie has been contributing to various charities that work with kids ever since the birth of his son. However, the exact charities which he contributes to aren’t known.
Eddie has accounts on popular media platforms such as Twitter and Instagram. He has over 23,000 followers on Instagram where he shares candid pictures of himself and also shares his love for dogs.
According to celebrity net worth, Eddie’s net worth has been estimated at over $4 million, accumulated through his years of acting. He annual income is reputedly close to $500,000.