• Michel Stern is a French advertising executive who was born in 1958 and is best known as the husband of Lisa Kudrow from the TV show “Friends”.
• He and Lisa married in 1995 and have a son born in 1998.
• Lisa’s career began in comedy and she gained recognition with her role as Phoebe on “Friends”, for which she won an Emmy in 1998.
• Michel has no social media accounts, is 5ft 9ins (1.75m) tall, and has white-blonde hair and blue eyes.
• His net worth is estimated to be over $1 million.
Michel Stern is a French advertising executive, but who is probably best known as the husband of American actress, comedienne and producer Lisa Kudrow, from the immensely popular TV show, “Friends.”
Early Life and Family
Little else is known other than the fact that Michel Stern, a Caucasian, was born in 1958 in France, and his family immigrated to the United States in the ‘80s.
Michel has worked as an executive in the advertising industry for quite some time now, and was known to be quite successful in his dealings with various brands and companies.
Happy Anniversary Lisa Kudrow and Michel Stern! The Friends star and her charming husband are celebrating 21 years of marriage today!
Posted by Fame10 on Friday, May 27, 2016
When Michel met Lisa
When Michel first met Lisa in 1986, he was dating another girl who turned out to be Lisa’s French roommate at the time. She was already attracted to him, but she didn’t do anything to get his attention. Lisa made sure she would only say ‘Hi’ after opening the door, and would immediately go back to her room every time he would pick-up her roommate, careful not to say or act wayin any that may be perceived as flirting with him.
In fact, Lisa thought that Michel probably thought she was some kind of a freak for always being so polite. During a later interview, she said ‘Well, he’s the perfect man and it’s all ruined because now they’re together and I can’t (make a play for him). I thought that that’s not nice to flirt. But the minute I saw him I went, well, that’s it, there he is.’
Marriage and son
Fate intervened, and they met again after six years at the birthday party of her old French roommate; this time they were both very much single.
They dated for a couple of years even if her former roommate wasn’t happy at first, but eventually accepted it, and they tied the knot in 1995. Their marriage is one of the most admired today, since they’ve stayed together for a long time, unlike many celebrity marriages. They are celebrating their silver anniversary this 2020. He was able to work around Lisa’s celebrity status with flying colors for more than two decades now, by staying private. They have a son born on 7 May 1998, named Julian Murray Stern.
Who is Lisa Kudrow?
Lisa was born on 30 July 1963, in Encino, Los Angeles, California USA, to Lee and Nedra Kudrow. She was raised in a middle-class Jewish family – her paternal grandparents were originally from Belarus who immigrated to the US. Her paternal great-grandmother was one of the unfortunate people killed during the Holocaust. She started her career in comedy after being urged by her brother’s friend, actor-comedian Jon Lovitz.
She then joined a comedy school, “The Groundlings” in Los Angeles, and was later a member in Conan O’Brien’s comedy sketch troupe, “Unexpected Company” for a short period of time. She auditioned for “Saturday Night Live” in 1990, but another actress was chosen for the part, so her first notable TV appearance was in the popular TV sitcom “Cheers.” She was supposed to be part of the cast of “Frasier,” but she butchered her chance when she was fired for not being able to deliver during the pilot episode.
After a series of mishits, Lisa eventually landed a role in NBC’s “Friends”, which turned her life around, and she became one of the most popular actors in Hollywood. During its 10-year run, she was nominated numerous times for her role as Phoebe Buffay, and won an Emmy Award as Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series in 1998. She went on to take part in many movies when she wasn’t busy with TV appearances – most notable are “Romy and Michelle’s High School Reunion,” “P.S. I Love You,” “Dr. DoLittle2,” “Hanging Up,” and “The Girl on the Train.”
I’m on Conan so he can make fun of me. Love him pic.twitter.com/1Jcu12A5QQ
— Lisa Kudrow (@LisaKudrow) May 23, 2019
Rumors and Interesting Facts
- A ridiculous gossip was going around Hollywood about Michel being the person to take his wife’s virginity, or not. It was not supposed to be a huge deal since he was the husband, but malicious stories kept on floating seeking for validity, since he was not Lisa’s first boyfriend; in fact, people knew that she dated Conan O’Brien for some time. Apparently, during a previous interview in “Tonight with Jay Leno,” Lisa vaguely talked about the privilege of giving away a woman’s virginity to her husband. People then assumed that she was talking about her own experience. To clear things up, Lisa went back to Jay Leno’s show and said that her husband wasn’t her first lover.
- His wife’s pregnancy was written into her role as Phoebe Buffay in “Friends” during the fourth season. This way she didn’t need to take a break or hide her burgeoning tummy during the filming of the TV sitcom. Son Julian already made a TV appearance, but just as a baby in her mother’s tummy.
- During an interview in the “Late, Late, Show with Craig Ferguson,” Lisa talked about the time when she was not recognized by the immigration official, when she and Michel were interviewed for his American citizenship application. The immigration officer was in doubt if she was telling the truth about her occupation, and had this disbelieving tone when she was asked what kind of acting work she did in the past, that the officer might have seen. The immigration officer was left in a daze, and was so embarrassed when he realized his mistake.
Michel is rarely seen in public as he continues to protect his privacy. He has no social media accounts, and not a photo can be seen even in his wife’s official Instagram account. It is only when he accompanies Lisa to award show that his photos would become accessible. He is reportedly 5ft 9ins (1.75m) tall and weighs around 178lbs (81kgs). He has white-blonde hair and blue eyes.
There are no specific details on Michael Stern’s net worth but sources estimated it to be over $1 million. If you combined it with wife Lisa’s net worth, which is reputedly about $70 million, his family will undoubtedly live quite a luxurious life.