• Choi Jong-ho is a 19 year-old South Korean musician, singer, and songwriter in the K-Pop boy band 'ATEEZ'.
• His net worth is estimated to be over $300,000.
• He was part of the survival reality show "MIXNINE" in 2017, and later joined 'ATEEZ' in 2018.
• He has released a number of albums, EPs, and singles with 'ATEEZ'.
• He is left-handed and enjoys playing soccer and working out in his spare time.
- 1 Who is Choi Jong-ho?
- 2 How rich is he, as of now? Choi Jong-ho Net Worth
- 3 Early Life, Nationality, Ethnicity, Education
- 4 Career Beginnings and “MIXNINE”
- 5 Idol Boy Band ‘ATEEZ’ and Members
- 6 Pre-Debut
- 7 Rise to Fame and Debut EP
- 8 Continued Success
- 9 Japanese Debut Single and Album
- 10 Recent Projects
- 11 Appearance and Vital Statistics
- 12 Personal Life, Hobbies, Favorites
Who is Choi Jong-ho?
Choi Jong-ho was born on 12 October 2000 under the sign of Libra, in Nowon-gu, Seoul, South Korea, and is a 19-year-old musician, singer, and songwriter, probably best recognized for being a member of the famous K-Pop boy band, called ‘ATEEZ’.
How rich is he, as of now? Choi Jong-ho Net Worth
Choi Jong-ho’s net worth is over $300,000, acquired through his involvement in the music industry, during which he has released a number of albums, EPs, and singles with ‘ATEEZ’. He’s also increased his fortune through various appearances in reality shows.
Early Life, Nationality, Ethnicity, Education
Choi Jong-ho spent his early years in his hometown of Seoul – he belongs to Asian ethnic group, and holds South Korean nationality. He went to Surak High School, where he ran track & field during his middle school days. Although he initially wanted to become a professional athlete, his love for singing was greater, and he moved his focus to the performing arts and music.
Career Beginnings and “MIXNINE”
Choi Jong-ho started his career in 2017, after auditioning for the survival reality show “MIXNINE”, aired on the JTBC network.
The show follows Yang Hyun-suk, a producer and founder of YG Entertainment, in his search for new K-pop stars, after which comes a competition between two teams – the winning team will become idols. Choi passed the auditioned, competed in the show and was ranked at No. 43, after being eliminated in episode 10.
Idol Boy Band ‘ATEEZ’ and Members
The K-pop idol band, called ‘ATEEZ, was formed by the record label company KQ Entertainment in 2018.
It is composed of eight members – Choi Jong-ho (the youngest member), Kim Hong-joong, Song Min-gi, Choi San, Park Seong-hwa, Kang Yeo-sang, Jeong Yun-ho, and Jung Woo-young. The original line-up also included Junyoung, but he left.
The band was previously called ‘KQ Fellaz’, and the label released the series “KQ Fellaz Exciting USA Training” on YouTube, which followed their training at dance studios Millennium Dance Complex and Movement Lifestyle in Los Angeles, California. They released their debut performance video in May, while their debut song, entitled “From”, was released in the final episode of the show in July 2018.
Thereafter, the name of the band was changed to ‘ATEEZ’, which stands for ‘A TEENAGER Z’, and was announced in their reality show entitled “Codename Is ATEEZ”, aired on the Mnet broadcasting media.
Rise to Fame and Debut EP
In October 2018 the band released their debut EP, entitled “Treasure EP.1: All To Zero”, with the singles “Treasure” and “Pirate King”. They also released music videos for the title singles. It became a commercial success, since it peaked at No. 12 in Korea, reached No. 4 on the US Billboard’s World Albums chart, and No. 7 on the Gaon Albums Chart.
In January 2019, ‘ATEEZ’ released their second EP, entitled “Treasure EP.2: Zero To One”, with the lead single “Say My Name”, after which they announced their first tour – ‘The Expedition Tour’. Their third EP, “Treasure EP.3: One To All”, was released in June 2019, and spawned such singles as “Wave” and “Illusion”, while peaking at No. 2 on the Gaon Albums Chart. Thereafter, the band won the Best Performance Award at the 2019 Soribada Awards, before in September of the same year releasing their debut studio album, “Treasure EP.Fin: All To Action”, which topped the Gaon Albums Chart and reached No. 7 on the US Billboard’s World Albums chart.
They also created their own reality shows, “Ateez Wanted”, “Ateez Long Journey”, “Ateez Treasure Film”, and “Ateez ANEWZ”, all in 2019.
Japanese Debut Single and Album
In November 2019, the band produced their debut Japanese single, entitled “Utopia”, which was followed by their Japanese debut album, “Treasure EP.Extra: Shift The Map”. They even won the Worldwide Fan Choice at the 2019 Mnet Asian Music Awards, and moreover were rewarded with the Best Korean Act at the 2019 MTV EMA Awards.
HQ | 09.02.20 | Jongho durante o 2º dia da tour ATEEZ The Fellowship: Map the Treasure em Seoul
— Portal San Brasil ⛰️ (@PortalSanBrasil) March 1, 2020
In January 2020, ‘ATEEZ’ released their fourth EP, entitled “Treasure Epilogue: Action To Answer”, which became the band’s second number-one album in South Korea, since it topped the Gaon Albums Chart. The lead single is “Answer”, which was also released in Japanese. Most recently, they released their fifth EP “Treasure EP.Map To Answer”, on 12 February 2020.
Appearance and Vital Statistics
The handsome singer has dark brown hair and dark brown eyes. He stands at a height of 5ft 9ins (1.76m), while other information regarding his weight and vital statistics is missing.
Personal Life, Hobbies, Favorites
- Choi Jong-ho is single at the moment and completely focused on his career.
- His role model is Jeon Jung-kook, better known for being a member and vocalist of the boy band ‘BTS’.
- He is also a big fan of Bruno Mars and South Korean boy band ‘Monsta X’.
- One of his roommates was fellow ‘ATEEZ’ member Mingi.
- Choi is left-handed.
- The interesting fact is that he has an ability to break fruits in half using only his hands.
- Choi hates
- His favorite colors are black and red.
- In his spare time, Choi enjoys playing soccer and working out.
- His favorite drink is Sprite, while his favorite food is pizza, ramen, steak, and chicken.
- His motto is ‘Do not be afraid if you have not even tried.’