• Anthony Varrecchia is a popular model, Instagram personality and social media influencer
• He holds American nationality, and his zodiac sign is Aries
• He was born into a family of Italian descent, and graduated from New York State University with a BA in business and management in 1985
• He has over 170,000 subscribers on his Instagram account, and launched his own line of beard balms and oils in 2017
• He has a current boyfriend, Mark Frazer, after his first husband’s sudden death in 2008
Anthony Varrecchia is a popular model, Instagram personality and social media influencer, who has recently found the new love of his life after his first husband’s sudden death.
- 1 Early life and family
- 2 Educational background
- 3 Career
- 4 Personal life, boyfriend Mark Frazer
- 5 Hobbies, favorite things and interesting facts
- 6 Appearance, clothing style
- 7 Net worth and salary
Early life and family
Anthony Varrecchia was born on 24 March 1963, in Staten Island, New York USA – he holds American nationality, and his zodiac sign is Aries. He was born into a family of Italian descent, coming from Auletta, Italy; his parents were Theresa and Edmund Varrecchia, and he has an older sister, Theresa named after her mother. Anthony was into posing and performing from when he was a kid. He shared that he always stood out from the rest, often being the only person to be of such a kind.
He keeps warm relationships with the friends of his childhood, as they unconditionally supported each other since they were toddlers. Anthony wanted to become an actor and practiced in front of the mirror: ‘It’s always fun to play the part… since I was a kid… changing into a character and pretending to be somebody else… it’s the creativity flowing through these veins’, he wrote in one of his Instagram posts. Since 2010 Anthony resides in Shanghai, China.
Anthony matriculated form his local high school, Canyon Crest Academy, in 1981. After graduating from the New York State University with a BA in business and management in 1985, he pursued his dream of becoming a model.
Failing to become a model
Anthony’s cousin persuaded him to collect his portfolio and sign up with the local model agencies, as Anthony was a bit shy to take this step, however, by the end of 1985 his portfolio was ready, and he started visiting the agencies, but they all refused to continue the conversation as soon as they heard that he is wasn’t 6ft (1.82m) tall. Anthony was discouraged and down.
For several years he worked in design agencies, and eventually landed the position of an Art Director. In 1991 he took a shoot for Fitness Plus magazine at Jones Beach, organized with a group of friends and relatives, and even had his nieces and nephew join in. The shoot went very well, and a lot of pictures were taken to be posted on various photo stocks.
However, for Anthony it was at a time when he was seriously interested in sports, going to the gym and gaining more experience in training.
Taking the second chance
In 2011 Anthony was offered another try for a modelling career, and to create a set of photos. The only thing the photographer wanted to change was the color of his hair and beard from dark brown to silver-white. The photos turned out great, and Anthony was reached by several agencies with offers for shoots, catwalks, etc. Since 2012 Anthony has been represented by the model agency SilverFox Management in Australia, and two more agencies in London and California.
In 2013 Anthony started his own Instagram account, because when his photographer posted several pictures of Anthony in his profile, the effect was mind blowing – hundreds of people appreciated his looks, especially his silver hair.
In 2017 he got to the list of Attitude’s Bachelors of Year, and in Attitude’s June issue of 2018, he gave a big interview in which he shared details of his past life and career. Subsequently Anthony appeared on many catwalks, modelling for such brands as Underwear Experts, Zues, etc. He also worked for Summer Diary Project, shooting with another popular male model, Gabe LaDuke. During the Brooklyn Fashion Week, he was on the panel of “Age in Fashion”.
Anthony is also a certified personal fitness trainer, but has still recently been practicing photography.
Social media career
As of 2020, Anthony has over 170,000 subscribers on his Instagram account. He says that for him it is a chance to be creative and have fun, but he feels pleased when he meets his followers occasionally, and they thank him for what he does; he says they’re inspirational. He posts his semi-nude pictures almost daily, but states that he’s never been reported for nudity on his profile.
Anthony Varrecchia’s Beard Balm & Oils
In 2017 Anthony launched his own line of beard balms, oils and other hair products: ‘I’ve always had an interest in grooming products, so I was excited when my business partner, Michael Walton-Jones, found me on social media and presented with me with this opportunity’.
The line started with only three products – Bourbon & Smoke and Tequila oils, and a Eucalyptus balm, but has since enlarged with several more items.
Personal life, boyfriend Mark Frazer
Late first husband
Anthony came out when he was around 35 – he had always felt scared and uncomfortable to share details of his sexuality: ‘I cared what family, friends and others would think of me’ he said of his worries in his interview to Attitude in 2017. However, he told his friends and family, and the response was mostly positive. In 2000 Anthony met the person he wanted to marry, and he and his boyfriend registered to be domestic partners in 2001, heading to San Francisco on a plane, and traveling around the country searching for the place where they could legally marry – in 2002, they registered as a civil union in Vermont.
A couple of NYC Boys ~ our for the evening to see @gsouke62 preform at @theduplex_nyc ! It’s gunna b a magical evening!
The laws changed, and they eventually officially married in 2008 in Canada, however, Anthony’s husband died in a car accident a few weeks afterwards – Anthony was devastated, his heart totally broken, thinking that he couldn’t live, and would never love again. ‘It was so traumatic that many years after his passing it still affects me today. The accident turned my life upside down. I believed it was impossible to love again’, he reflects on those days. He later admitted that fitness helped him a lot to find another sense in living his life.
Current boyfriend Mark Frazer
It took Anthony 10 years to recover from his first husband’s death. At one of his shoots he met a hairstylist named Mark Frazer, and they started dating in 2018. Mark does all the grooming for Anthony now, and they travel a lot around the globe. Anthony shared that it’s his first relationship after his husband.
Hobbies, favorite things and interesting facts
- Anthony’s favorite singers are Madonna and Donna Summer.
- His favorite actress is Bette Davis; he considered the movie “Now, Voyager” (1942) to be the best film of all times (Bette played Charlotte Vale there).
- Anthony wants to learn how to play the piano, and hopes his boyfriend Mark will teach him, as he’s an experienced piano player.
- Anthony’s style icons are Tony Ward and Tom Ford.
- He never leaves his house without a moisturizer.
- He always wears the Rolex and the ring his late husband gave him, as they are two material possessions that mean the most to him.
- One of his favorite songs he listens to when he is in good mood is “Nasty Girls” by Vanity 6.
- During his high school years, he did a lot of carpentry.
- He owns a dog named Golda; he and Mark manage the dog’s Instagram account.
- Anthony owns a November 1985 issue of the Interview magazine with the signatures of Andy Warhol, Richard Bernstein and Harris Glenn Milstead known as Divine, a popular American actor, drag queen and author.
- Anthony enjoys spending time in the sun, so a park or a beach are the perfect places for him.
- When he has a calm evening, he enjoys a glass of red wine, olives and cheese.
— Anthony Varrecchia (@AVarrecchia1) October 2, 2019
Appearance, clothing style
Anthony has silver grey hair, moustache and beard, and dark brown eyes. He is 5ft 9ins (1.79m) tall and weighs around 187lbs (85kgs). As to his clothing style, his visiting card is his big furry hat. He likes wearing white T-shirts with denim overalls, but also fur coats.
Net worth and salary
As of 2020, Anthony’s net worth is estimated to be around $1 million.