Matt L. Jones is an American actor, musician, comedian and writer, perhaps best known for starring in the American hit drama “Breaking Bad” as Brandon “Badger” Mayhew, and as Baxter in the CBS sitcom, “Mom”. He has also appeared in more than 40 commercials over the years, and is remembered for his signature hoarse voice.
Early Life and Educational Background
Matthew Lee Jones was born on the 1st November 1981, in Sacramento, California, USA.
View this post on Instagram
Desde el mundo de las series dice presente en esta sección este cumpleañero. Llevando hasta la fecha una numerosa cantidad de participaciones en la pantalla chica (y en menor medida en la pantalla grande), ha sido reconocido gracias a su papel como Badger, amigo de Jesse en esa maravilla de la televisión llamada Breaking Bad. Ha marcado también presencia en comedias (siendo él mismo comediante), interpretando a Baxter en la sitcom Mom. Se ha desempeñado además como actor de voz. En sus 37 años saludo al actor estadounidense Matt L. Jones 👏🎂🎁🎈🎬📺🎥👏 #mattjones #mattljones #actor #voiceactor #comedian #tvshow #tvseries #movies #hollywood #breakingbad #brandonmayhew #badger #mom #howimetyourmother #community #ncis #kickbuttowskisuburbandaredevil #happybirthday #homenajesbacanes #cumpleañosdepersonasbacanes
There is not much information on his early life and family history, however, it’s known that he grew up in Pomona, California alongside his mother, stepfather and nine siblings. The family shifted to Claremont, and he matriculated from Claremont High School in 2000. He had an avid interest in performing arts, specifically comedy, and it was around this time that Matt began “Ultimate Improv” in Westwood, and performed around Los Angeles, then thanks to a successful audition for Boom Chicago in Amsterdam, he performed improv and sketch comedy for three years before his return to Los Angeles.
As a result of Boom’s intense traveling schedule, Matt would often lose his voice, and ended up with his current signature hoarse voice.
Post his work with Boom Chicago, Jones starred in 20 commercials, including one with Midas. He had minor roles in the shows “Gilmore Girls” and “Greek”, before his big break with “Breaking Bad” in 2008. His role as Brandon “Badger” Mayhew became his most popular one, and earned him plenty more parts. He appeared in the films “Red State”, “Peter At The End” and “Dreamworld”, as well as the TV shows “Uncle Nigel”, “Reno 911!”, “Man Up” and “Hawaii Five-0”.
Matt also had recurring roles in “Community”, the crime drama “NCIS”, “The Office” and “Mom”. His most recent roles were in “The Turkey Bowl”, “El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie” and “Brightburn” along with lead roles in the shows “Let’s Get Physical”, “Talking Dead” and “Bob Hearts Abishola”.
Along with being an actor, Jones is also a voice actor in films and television shows. He has voiced a number of characters in series such as “Sanjay and Craig”, “Adventure Time”, “Kick Buttowski :Suburban Devil” and a character in the video game “Rage”, among others, and has reprised his roles in “Beware The Batman”, “DC Nation Shorts”, “F is for Family” and “Pig Goat Banana Cricket”.
His most recent roles are as Boov Kyle in the film “Home”, and its spinoff “Home: Adventures With Tip and Oh”, as well as Wedge in “Final Fantasy VII”. He has also voiced a number of commercials, thanks to his distinctive hoarse voice.
Matt was the lead singer and songwriter of the band Faculty Four before his move to Boom Chicago. He never got the chance to record a music video with his band, until recording a video for Twaught Hammer’s “Fallacies”.
His career as a comedian goes way back to his teen years in Westwood. He performed more than 1000 skits and improvisational comedy gigs during the three years he spent travelling to 20 European countries with Boom Chicago. Jones appeared in the pilot of the Comedy Central series, “Key and Peele” in 2012. Even after his successful acting career, Matt still regularly performs improvisational comedy at I.O. West, and the Upright Citizens Brigade Theater.
Wife — Kelly Daly
The pair met in 2010, and tied the knot on the 5th May 2012. The couple now share a 4 year old son named Jasper. Other details of their relationship are unknown to the public.
Who is Kelly Daly?
Kelly Daly is an American actress who has appeared in the films “Forbidden: Dying For Love”, “One Night Stand” and “Paranormal Witness”. Details of her life both before and after her marriage to Jones are kept private and out of the limelight. Kelly can be seen attending red carpet events and ceremonies by her husband’s side.
Hobbies, Favorite Things and Interesting Facts
- His craziest encounter with a fan was a ‘giant scary man in a dark alley while I was drunk. Thought I was going to die, ended up getting a hug’.
- He has appeared in the series finales of both “ Breaking Bad” and “The Office”
- Despite his depiction of a meth addict, the actor has never tried Meth in real life; he researched the role through ‘lots of depressing YouTube videos’.
- His favorite bands include Frightened Rabbit, Arctic Monkeys and Arcade Fire. His favorite film is “Martha Marcy Mare Marlene”, and his favorite television shows are “Breaking Bad” and “Louie”.
- He is an avid fan of the American Football team, Chicago Bears.
- He enjoys working with “Breaking Bad” co-star Aaron Paul, due to their close friendship
- Any kind of spicy food is an absolute favorite for him.
- Matt has admitted to reading about himself on Google, but thinks it’s a terrible idea!
- His zodiac sign is Scorpio.
- The actor smokes weed, and plays video games from time to time.
- He professes his love for “Breaking Bad” and enjoys watching the show with everyone else.
- He participated in a competition as a figure roller skater with a dance routine to “Macho Duck” by Disney’s Donald Duck. Just before his performance, five year old Matt defecated o the pants of his white sailor suite and had to perform Macho Duck in a rainbow leotard. He came third in the contest.
- The actor is active on social media sites such as Twitter and Instagram, with a relatively large fan following.
Appearance and Clothing Style
The actor is a male of Caucasian ethnicity and American nationality. He has a height of 6ft 3ins (1.93 m) and weighs around 198lbs (90kgs). His hair color is a shade of dark brown that matches his beard, with a pair of green eyes. Matt has a stocky body build with a few extra pounds. As of 2020, he is 39 years old.
Net Worth and Salary
Matt’s primary source of income is his career as an actor and voice artist. According to celebritynetworth.com, as of mid-2020 the multi-talented performer has a net worth estimated at over $2 million, while his income varies according to his commitments each year. The figures are likely to rise as he continues to appear in films and television shows.