• Diego Barrueco is a Spanish model and social media personality
• He dropped out of school to pursue a modelling career and is now represented by agencies such as Why Not Models, IMG Models, Sight and Established
• He has collaborated with global fashion brands and appeared in various magazines, as well as Ellie Goulding's "Beating Heart" music video
• He co-owns an online store and shoe store in Zamora, Spain with his friend Luke and girlfriend Ali Flowers, respectively
• As of early 2020, his net worth is estimated at almost $1 million
Diego Barrueco is a Spanish model and social media personality, famous for his work with brands such as Pull & Bear, Independent Leaders and Shockwaves.
- 1 Early Life and Educational Background
- 2 Career
- 3 Relationships
- 4 Hobbies, Favorite Things and Interesting Facts
- 5 Appearance and Clothing Style
- 6 Net Worth and Salary
- 7 General Info
- 8 Social profile links
Early Life and Educational Background
Diego Barrueco Martin was born on the 28th of January 1991, in Murcia, Spain. He lived with his parents in a little town named Salamanca, as an only child. Growing up he wanted to become a “cool” Spanish teacher, just like his mother. With that in mind, he enrolled at a University in Spain where he studied English Philology, History and Language. On a related note, he studied in Ireland for a year.
As a pastime, he began posting pictures of himself on Tumblr in 2011. Over time he gained thousands of followers on the site, including celebrities such as Cara Delevingne, Barbara Palvin and Ellie Goulding. His parents were supportive of his decision to drop out of school to pursue a career in modelling.
Diego’s modeling career began after he was recruited on Tumblr in 2013. He said, ‘This guy saw my pictures on Tumblr. He asked me if I wanted to be in an editorial for Candy Magazine. Things snowballed from there…’.
In 2014, he appeared in Ellie Goulding’s music video entitled “Beating Heart” which was written for the movie “Divergent”, and fans were left curious about the mystery man following Ellie in the video. Shortly after, he got many modelling opportunities with agencies including Why Not Models in Milan, IMG Models in New York, Sight in Barcelona and Established in London. He then made a move to London to pursue a professional modelling career. The model collaborated with the biggest global fashion brands “Fiasco”, “Shockwaves”, “Independent Leaders” and “Pull & Bear”.
Additionally, he appeared on the cover of ‘Valstrom’ and ‘Wonderland’, ‘EY Magateen’ and was featured in the Gay Times’ InstaFitty of the Week. He also regularly works with Louis Vuitton. Regarding his huge fan base and popularity, Diego still hasn’t got used to it. One group of fans spotted him in the street and asked for a picture with him. ‘… It was so funny though because they literally wouldn’t let me go until I took a photograph with every single one of them… it still feels very crazy’.
Online Store— Almost Home
The collection contains clothing and accessories mainly for men that are simple, comfortable and stylish. Diego is very much involved in the creative process of the brand, along with his friend Luke.
Co-owner of Peng Point
The Fiasco model opened up his own shoe store in Zamora, Spain named Peng Point. The store sells branded fashion footwear in collaboration with popular brands such as Paco Robanne, Superdry and Puma.
winter mood. pic.twitter.com/j0UShye6gX
— Diego Barrueco (@DiegoBarrueco) February 27, 2020
Girlfriend — Ali Flowers
Although it is unknown when and how they met, the Spanish model began dating Ali Flowers in 2015, and they have been together since. Ali—a freelance event producer—doesn’t shy away from professing her love for Diego, and regularly posts their couple photos on her Instagram account. The two are quite open about their intimate relationship and do not hesitate to share their moments with the world through social media. As of 2020, the couple have not tied the knot but seem to be going strong.
Hobbies, Favorite Things and Interesting Facts
- Diego is close to his mother, pictures of the two spending time together can be found on his social media accounts.
- His zodiac sign is Aquarius.
- He has a following of more than 570,000 on Instagram and around 70,100 on Twitter on which he shares his daily experiences and his enthusiasm for fitness, fashion and art.
- His girlfriend Ali calls him “Piggy”. His other nicknames are Barrueco, Diego and Breezy.
- Adriana Lima is his favorite Victoria’s Secret
- “Never Back Down” is his favorite film.
- Meeting and hanging out with ASAP Rocky is the “coolest” thing that has ever happened to him.
- The model is a fitness freak and works out five days a week to keep his toned physique.
- Despite common belief, he does not go out often, and isn’t a ‘party animal’.
- He is fond of pets, and has pet cat named “Isidoro”.
- His hobbies include football (soccer), buying clothes and spending time with friends.
- Burger King and pistachios are his guilty pleasures.
Appearance and Clothing Style
Diego is a male of Spanish nationality and Hispanic ethnicity with brown eyes and black hair. He has a height of 6ft ( 1.83m) and weighs 172lbs (78 kgs). His body type is slim yet athletic with body measurements of 38-30-36. He has four tattoos, including a one of “The Lion King’s” Timon and Pumba; according to him, it’s his most meaningful tattoo. Concerning his clothing style, the influencer wears trendy clothes for work, but likes to stay true to his personal underground style.
Net Worth and Salary
Most of Diego’s net worth and salary comes from his modelling career along with his endorsement deals. The average salary for a cover male model ca be up to $25,000 per shoot so he obviously makes a lot of money thanks to his successful modelling career. Other sources of his income are his brand “Almost Home”, his store in Spain and the many brand endorsements he does. As of early 2020, his net worth is estimated at almost $1 million.
|Full Name||Diego Barrueco|