• Christian Navarro is an American actor with a net worth of over $2 million.
• He has Puerto Rican ancestry and attended school in The Bronx.
• His career began in 2005 and he has starred in ten television and film titles since then.
• He is most known for starring in the HBO period drama series “Vinyl”, the Netflix teen drama mystery series “13 Reasons Why”, and the biographical comedy crime film “Can You Ever Forgive Me?”
• He is a trained mix martial artist and enjoys playing the guitar, racing cars, and hiking in his spare time.
- 1 Who is Christian Navarro?
- 2 How rich is he, as of now? Christian Navarro Net Worth
- 3 Early Life, Nationality, Ethnicity, and Educational Background
- 4 Career Beginnings
- 5 Guest-Starring Appearances
- 6 Recurring Role, “Vinyl”, and “Bushwick”
- 7 Rise to Prominence and “13 Reasons Why”
- 8 Appearance and Vital Statistics
- 9 Personal Life: Is He Gay or Not?
- 10 Favorites and Hobbies
Christian Lee Navarro was born on 21 August 1991 under the sign of Leo, in The Bronx, New York City USA, of Puerto Rican ancestry, but mixed ethnic group, and is American by nationality. He is a 28-year-old actor, probably best recognized for starring in the role of Jorge in the HBO period drama series “Vinyl” (2016), playing Tony Padilla in the Netflix teen drama mystery series “13 Reasons Why” (2017-2019), and featuring as Kurt in the biographical comedy crime film “Can You Ever Forgive Me?” (2018).
As of early 2020, Christian Navarro’s net worth is over $2 million, acquired through his successful involvement in the film industry as a professional actor, who has starred in more than ten television and film titles since his career started in 2005.
Early Life, Nationality, Ethnicity, and Educational Background
Christian Navarro spent his early years in The Bronx, raised by his parents in a Christian household – his father is C. L. Navarro, while the name of his mother hasn’t been disclosed yet. Christian has a younger sister, whose name is Leeann Madisyn Navarro.
Christian developed his interests in acting very early, and while in high school, he joined the school’s drama program and performed in various productions. He has a degree in Arts and Literature.
Christian Navarro started his acting career at the age of 14. In the very beginning, he made appearances in various low budget film titles, and advertising commercials. His debut film appearance came in 2005, when he landed a small role of The Infected in the horror film “Day Of The Dead 2: Contagium”, which was the unofficial prequel to the 1985 zombie horror film, entitled “Day Of The Dead”.
Two years later, Christian guest-starred as Paco Mendoza in the episode “Senseless” of the NBC police procedural drama series “Law & Order: Criminal Intent”, and then appeared as himself in the comedy film “The Doorman”, directed by Wayne Price.
In 2009, Christian made his feature film debut landing the role of John White in the crime drama film “Run It”, directed by Evangelos Giovanis and George Giovanis. He then guest-starred in the episode “To Protect And Serve” of the CBS police procedural drama series “Blue Bloods” in 2013.
In 2014, Christian continued to land guest-starring roles in a number of TV series, appearing as Waiter Bobby in the episode “Double Identity” of the NBC action-comedy police procedural series “Taxy Brooklyn”, and played Jed in the episode “1.8” of the Showtime drama series “The Affair”. Afterwards, in 2015 he portrayed Carlos Gomez in the pilot episode of another police procedural drama series, “Rosewood” on Fox.
Recurring Role, “Vinyl”, and “Bushwick”
Christian Navarro won his debut recurring role in 2016, when he was chosen to play Jorge in the period drama web series “Vinyl”, created by Rich Cohen, Martin Scorsese, Terence Winter and Mick Jagger, and aired on the HBO network from February to April 2016. In the next year, Christian made a guest-starring appearance as Sidekick in the pilot episode of the Amazon Video series “The Tick”, which was followed by his portrayal of Eduardo in the action thriller film “Bushwick”, directed by Cary Murnion and Jonathan Milott.
Rise to Prominence and “13 Reasons Why”
Christian Navarro came to prominence in 2017, when he joined the cast of the teen drama mystery series “13 Reasons Why”, portraying the main role of Tony Padilla, appearing with such actors as Dylan Minnette and Katherine Langford. The series is developed by Brian Yorkey and produced by Selena Gomez, and is based on the 2007 novel of the same title written by Jay Asher. It premiered on 31 March 2017 on Netflix, and is currently in its fourth and final season.
In 2018, he received an Imagen Award nomination in the category of Best Actor – Television for his performance in the series. Side by side, Christian landed the role of Kurt in the biographical comedy crime film “Can You Ever Forgive Me?” in 2018, directed by Marielle Heller, and featuring Richard E. Grant, Melissa McCarthy and Dolly Wells. Christian won the Rising Star Award at the 2018 San Diego International Film Festival.
Appearance and Vital Statistics
Christian Navarro has short dark brown hair and dark brown eyes. He stands at a height of 5ft 7ins (1.70m), while he weighs around 154lbs (70kgs). His biceps size is 14.5ins, and his vital statistics are 37-29-35. His shoe size is 7 (US). He is a huge fan of tattoos, and has a lion tattoo on his hand.
Personal Life: Is He Gay or Not?
Christian Navarro tends to keep his private life far away from the eyes of the public. However, he once revealed that he was romantically involved in a relationship with Alina Sheherzad Akhtar Raja, a Pakistani actress and model.
A bit of a grey area. pic.twitter.com/MT0qXvuD9M
— Christian Navarro (@ChristianLN0821) January 31, 2020
He also admitted that he has a crush on American singer and actress Hailee Steinfeld. He also expressed his admiration for American mixed martial artist Paige VanZant. Besides that, there were some rumors that he is homosexual since he appeared in the role of a gay character, however, Christian’s sexual orientation is straight. He is single at the moment. He divides his time between his residences in New York City and Los Angeles, California.
Favorites and Hobbies
- Christian Navarro is a trained mix marital artist.
- One of his favorite outdoor activities is hiking, and he likes traveling as well – his favorite destination is Paris, France.
- His favorite actor is Eddie Redmayne, his favorite actress is Natalie Portman, while his favorite superhero is Iron Man.
- In his spare time, he enjoys playing the guitar and racing cars.
- He likes Italian and Chinese food.
- He is an animal lover and has a Jack Russel terrier, named Dani.